Dr. Bob McCoy had been trained by Dr. Singh when we met in Denver last May. He then brought his staff team to Falls Church from Philadelphia and became an enthusiastic and passionate Holistic Mouth Doctor in training with me. He is one seminar from graduation and is already the most advanced among my HMD candidates.
Dr. Liao, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the mentorship you have provided with your Holistic Mouth Doctor seminar series. I feel the DNA appliances to remodel the jawbones is one of the most innovative procedures to be developed in my 40 years of practicing dentistry. Five years ago I embraced the opportunity to provide oral appliance therapy for patients with obstructive sleep apnea(OSA). Although I am still new to providing DNA appliance therapy, I feel this service has the potential to change the direction of dentistry and medicine. With chronic and intermittent deficit of oxygen and the lack of restful and reparative sleep, I feel the OSA disorder will eventually be recognized as one of the root causes of many of our common co-morbidities.
- To use the Schwartz Model Analysis to evaluate the upper and lower archforms. The alveolar bone foundations have to be adequate for the upper and lower archform and upper archform has to be larger than the lower archform. “The foot has to fit into the shoe” without entrapping the mandible and potentially forcing the condyle posteriorly into TMJ fossa.
- The Advanced Sassouni Analysis assesses the skeletal relationship of the maxilla to the mandible (Class I,II,III), as well as to the cranial base… The AP maxilla position, A-B relationship, the upper and lower incisor angles, vertical height discrepancy, and the potential growth pattern for the mandible during the remodeling process.
- These two analyses help design features into the appliances for more effective performance.
- Your chair side investigative suggestions are critical to recognize craniofacial, craniosacrial and dental arch asymmetries.
- Studying the CBCT with critical eyes and an understanding of holistic health principles helps uncover the pinched airway, nasal and cervical abnormalities
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms for Holistic Mouth care is a fundamental and referring to the appropriate Integrative Care Specialist is extremely important.
- Our study club effort through GoToMeeting.com forum is a special tool for new providers to learn and ask questions about the basics in a relaxed and non-judgmental environment. This was a homerun!